Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Apirl 6. Pioneer Park

 Another gorgeous day in the Valley of the Sun. Predicted high of 78 degrees. It was in the mid-60's and sunny when I took these shots this morning.

A few days ago we did my backyard. Pioneer Park is, kinda by default, Mesa's backyard. Great cities offer their residents great open spaces, contained, controlled slices of nature that serve as a refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city. I guess since there isn't much of what you could call hustle or bustle in Mesa, Pioneer Park is what we get.


















The locomotive was a big attraction for us when we were kids so I hope you will excuse multiple pics. Back then you could climb all over the thing. Frankly, I was surprised it was still there as I had thought the city had decided to sell or junk it. It's there, but in obvious disrepair and accessible only to the cats.




Evidence of an Easter Party








Directly across Main Street is the Mormon Temple. We'll wander over there soon.



Have a great day and so long from Mesa, Arizona.

No comments: