Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26, Downtown. Main St between MacDonald and Robson






Here we have the other block that constitutes Downtown Mesa Proper. At the other end there is the Mesa Arts Center, which can easily be claimed by downtown, but I will likely make it subject of its own little photo study.

Once again the time was around 9:00 AM to 9:30 as I strolled this stretch of Main Street. Breezy and sunny; today we are looking for a high around seventy-five. About the same amount of foot traffic as yesterday, but I did happen on one business owner as he was setting out the tables for al fresco dining at Cucina di vita restaurant. I introduced myself, and he told me his name was Mark. I asked when the restaurant had opened. January 12th, he told me, just over two months ago. And how was business so far? Better than expected, trending above their business plan projections. Nice to hear. I didn't take a picture of it, but almost directly across the street is another pizzaria, this one with no discernible activity so far, although they may have been making dough in the back.























I do feel the need to point out that the young mother and her child are not part of the famous Main Street statuary.













1 comment:

bettermesa said...

Alan,
These are great pictures of our Downtown. We hope you come down on the First or second Friday evening of any month and capture where Downtown is heading. First Friday's Main street is full of life, music and motorcycles. April's second friday is all about FAME- local young talent. Would be awesome to see your perspective through your pictures.
Come follow us on http://buildabetterdowntownmesa.blogspot.com/